In Part 1 of Eco-Bot Challenge, youth assemble their own Eco-Bot, discover how it functions, what it can do well, as well as what it can’t. In Part 2, youth design a set of control surfaces to program the Eco-Bot to perform a simulated environmental cleanup project.
This engaging, hands-on activity is fun for learners in grades 4-12 and groups of 2-5 kids, but can also be used by a youth-adult team. The activity takes between 1-2 hours to complete.
This challenge is the perfect activity for an ice-breaker, in-service day, or after school session, and can be used as an introduction to STEM education.
The Eco-Bot Challenge is based on the 2012 4-H National Youth Science Day (NYSD) experiment. While the activity has been adapted slightly, the content remains the same. We are happy to bring this product back due to popular demand!
Included in this kit:
- 1 Toothbrush - OralB Prohealth Preferred
- 1 Pager Vibrator Motor w/ Wires Attached
- 1 Double-sided foam mounting tape
- 1 Button cell watch battery
- 10 Flexible Straws
- 10 Cups To be provided by facilitator: 8.5x11 paper, 8.5x11 card stock, Masking Tape, Scissors