Be a Bone Builder teaches kindergarten students about calcium, the importance of including calcium-rich food in their diet using My Plate, the importance of engaging in daily physical activity, and how to safely get enough vitamin D. Written for the facilitator, the curriculum includes:
- Facilitator Guide (146 pages)
- Teacher Supplemental Kit and Teacher Handouts, for school applications (68 pages)
- Parent Packet (27 pages)
- PowerPoint Presentation and Handout on Osteoporosis Basics (29 pages)
- Developed by North Carolina State University
- Copyright 2017; Updated 2019
- Target grade is Kindergarten, but can be used with a broader age range
- Encourages the use of youth in grades 5-8 as helpers to the facilitators
- Curriculum includes sample letters, instructions, handouts, and more that make it easy to facilitate
- Ties to NC Essential Standards in Health Education and Common Core Standards
This item is a digital download; you will download the book after purchase. You will not receive a print copy.
Purchasing this product gives you one download of this book. Purchase multiple quantities to receive the corresponding number of downloads.
Click Here to Preview The First Few Pages