The 4-H Weather and Climate Learning Lab Leader’s Guide is a 71 page manual that helps leaders guide elementary school students through a hands-on learning experience in which they explore data, patterns, extremes, and forecasts to better understand weather and climate connections. Includes 9 activities that all show a content skill, the 4-H Life Skills, the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and the Climate Literacy Framework associated with the topic.
- Designed for youth in grades 3-5.
- Each activity is meant to take approximately 1 hour, with several that can be longer depending on the number of extensions completed. Full learning lab project can be completed in approximately twelve hours.
- Some activities require the use of additional supplies —please see this materials list organized by activity.
- Free additional data and report examples that may be useful for the activities can be found here.
- Developed by contributors from Montana State, Wyoming State, South Dakota State, and Colorado State.
This is a free digital download file. It will be emailed to the address associated with your account after the order you place this with is paid. If you order it alone or pay with credit card, you will receive it very quickly. If you order this as part of a larger order on an account to be billed later, please call 301-961-2934 to have this file sent prior to you paying for the remainder of your order.