Learn all about the ingenious Sir Isaac Newton's Laws of Motion which are the basis of classical mechanics that still describe most everyday life situations. Observe the effects of kinetic and potential energy and see first-hand how energy is transformed from one form to the other. Build 8 working models such as a ballistic catapult, a gravity fan, a collision car, a moving cabin, a balloon powered plane and a dragster. You can find easy-to-follow building instructions for all models in the booklet included. The booklet provides detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporates innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning. A quiz section is also available to challenge your newly acquired knowledge!
Conduct thorough experiments and discover:
- Newton's first law of motion and the relation between force and motion
- Newton's second law of motion and the relation between force, mass and acceleration
- Newton's third law of motion and the physics of action and reaction forces;
- The concept of Momentum
- The fundamental properties of energy
- What factors affect potential and kinetic energies.
Some suggested 4-H Curriculum that pair well with the STEM Newton's Laws: Inertia, Energy Kit are: