Note: There is a supplemental collection of digital materials that will be delivered to your email address after purchase.
Health Rocks! is a 4-H Healthy Living program with the goal of bringing youth, families and communities together to reduce tobacco, alcohol, e-cigarette/vaping, and drug use. This program applies 4‑H’s successful Positive Youth Development model focused on life skill and decision-making development, and it utilizes the “Teens as Teachers” approach to build leadership skills. Through the power of youth/adult partnerships, Health Rocks! instills in youth participants confidence and communication skills necessary to develop the internal strength to resist risky behaviors.
For more information, see the Look Inside feature, which includes the full table of contents and a sample activity.
- This Intermediate guide is designed for the leader and is intended to be used with ages 12-14.
- Appropriate in a variety of settings: 4-H clubs, school settings, homeschools, camps, health classes, as afterschool or enrichment activities, etc.
- 188 pages.
- Developed by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln; copyright 2019.
For more than 20 years, Health Rocks! has been using this unique formula to help youth make healthier life choices. The 2020-2021 program resulted in the following positive changes in youth behavior:
- 94% demonstrated a high level of social and emotional thriving.
- 93% intended to avoid underage tobacco use.
- 93% disapproved of underage tobacco use.
- 90% expressed an intent to pursue healthy behaviors and avoid risky behaviors.
- 83% disapproved of risky behaviors (i.e., alcohol and tobacco use).
Click Here to Preview The First Few Pages