- Designed for high school youth to mentor middle school youth
- The high school youth complete the mentor training program and become Certified 4-H Marshall Mentors
- Mentors work with their participants for six sessions
- Often used as a bullying prevention program
- Can be used by adult facilitators or teachers as well
- Program utilizes the English Language Arts Core State Standards kills for reading, writing, listening and speaking
Includes: 10 Marshall Mentor Program "Messages from Marshall" Youth Notebooks, 10 Mentorship Project Pins
Inspired by Marshall the Miracle Dog, a dog who stood up to bullying through courage and thrives in his life now through forgiveness, the Marshall Mentor Program utilizes high school teen mentors to deliver five cornerstone lessons to younger peers on empathy, strength, courage/perseverance, kindness, and forgiveness.
We encourage all facilitators of this curriculum to obtain the Marshall Mentor Training, a comprehensive web-based training to ensure the successful delivery of the Marshall Mentor Program, offered by Missouri 4-H and the Marshall Movement. Learn more here.
The Marshall Mentor Program helps youth understand the importance of empathy, strength, courage, perseverance, kindness, and forgiveness, and challenges them to put these traits into action. The program utilizes high school teen mentors to deliver Marshall the Miracle Dog's cornerstone messages. By supporting their younger peers, the mentors are developing as future leaders in their communities.
The MMP is intended for but certainly not limited to youth participants in grades 4-8. Mentors can be adults or high school aged students.
The books included in this bundle are Youth Notebooks. Youth will use the notebooks to write reflections, quotes, definitions, action items, or any thoughts they have. Each youth should have his/her own guide. 72 pages.
Learn more about Marshall the Miracle Dog here
Are you interested in learning more about the curriculum, straight from the author and a 4-H educator? Watch a webinar all about the curriculum, available here.