The study of insects is called entomology. The Teaming with Insects curriculum is written for youth who enjoy learning about science and nature by studying insects.
Level 1 introduces the world of insects. Activities focus on how they look and move and provide some background for studying important entomology topics.
Level 1 Chapters:
- Be an Entomologist – beginning collecting, learning insect body parts
- Biodiversity – exploring insect habitat and communication differences
- Invasive Species – youth learn some invasive insects and why they compete so successfully
- Integrated Pest Management – youth search for insect and insect relative pests
- Forensic Entomology – youth learn to observe carefully and to keep observation records
Level 1 Learning Goals:
- Begin to learn about insect form and function.
- Begin to learn about integrated pest management and forensic entomology.
- Develop an understanding of and an appreciation for entomology (the study of insects).
Are you interested in learning more about the curriculum, straight from the author and a 4-H educator? Watch a webinar all about the curriculum, available here.
Click Here to Preview The First Few Pages