This is a revised (2015) edition of the traditional 4-H Horse curriculum! It contains the same titles as the first set of Horse books, but with new content and improved ease of use. The Helper's Guide will assist you in getting everyone involved at group meetings using any of the 17 featured group activities. 84 pages.
These books contain all the information from the old horse books, as well as new content, listed below:
- Content has been reviewed by equine experts to ensure materials reflect the most current research of the land-grant system.
- Activities were updated (as needed) to make sure they follow the experiential learning model and scientific inquiry process.
- Activities were updated to make sure they fit current youth trends (social media, web resources, etc.)
- Career readiness/exploration components added, as needed and as applicable.
- Alignment to science standards included.
- Fresh new look and feel of the curriculum, with additional space for youth to write and reflect on what they are learning.