Level 2 shows how to make insect collection tools, and expands on the basic concepts of biodiversity, invasive species, integrated pest management, and forensic entomology.
Level 2 Chapters:
- Be an Entomologist – youth make and use their own insect collection tools
- Biodiversity – youth collect insects in different habitats and observe diversity in form and function
- Invasive Species – youth conduct research to learn about invasive species (origin, damage, control)
- Integrated Pest Management – youth explore conditions that can provide insect habitat and collect insect pests
- Forensic Entomology – youth study insect tracks and exoskeletons and make a journal for keeping data
Level 2 Learning Goals:
- Learn how to make insect collection tools.
- Learn more about insects and insect diversity.
- Develop a deeper understanding of and an appreciation for entomology.
Are you interested in learning more about the curriculum, straight from the author and a 4-H educator? Watch a webinar all about the curriculum, available here.
Click Here to Preview The First Few Pages