- Designed for high school youth to mentor middle school youth
- The high school youth complete the mentor training program and become Certified 4-H Marshall Mentors
- Mentors work with their participants for six sessions
- Often used as a bullying prevention program
- Can be used by adult facilitators or teachers as well
- Program utilizes the English Language Arts Core State Standards skills for reading, writing, listening and speaking
This book is the Mentor Handbook.
Each mentor should have his/her own handbook to lead and facilitate the lesson plans. 120 pages. Summary
Inspired by Marshall the Miracle Dog, a dog who stood up to bullying through courage and thrives in his life now through forgiveness, the Marshall Mentor Program utilizes high school teen mentors to deliver five cornerstone lessons to younger peers on empathy, strength, courage/perseverance, kindness, and forgiveness.
We encourage all facilitators of this curriculum to obtain the Marshall Mentor Training, a comprehensive web-based training to ensure the successful delivery of the Marshall Mentor Program, offered by Missouri 4-H and the Marshall Movement. Learn more here.
Learn more about Marshall the Miracle Dog here
Are you interested in learning more about the curriculum, straight from the author and a 4-H educator? Watch a webinar all about the curriculum, available here.