This is a revised (2015) edition of the traditional 4-H Horse curriculum! It contains the same titles as the first set of Horse books, but with new content and improved ease of use. Level 3: Stable Relationships encourages youth to explore horse diseases and health care, pasture management, providing appropriate shelter and building a financial plan. 64 pages.
These books contain all the information from the old horse books, as well as new content, listed below:
- Content has been reviewed by equine experts to ensure materials reflect the most current research of the land-grant system.
- Activities were updated (as needed) to make sure they follow the experiential learning model and scientific inquiry process.
- Activities were updated to make sure they fit current youth trends (social media, web resources, etc.)
- Career readiness/exploration components added, as needed and as applicable.
- Alignment to science standards included.
- Fresh new look and feel of the curriculum, with additional space for youth to write and reflect on what they are learning.